For the last year (almost) different folks in leadership at Grace have been visioneering, thinking through where God has brought us and where He wants to take us. Here is what has come of it. We shared it at our Family Meeting Sunday (December 15). We’re most excited!
I’d love to tell you where God is taking Grace Community Church.
In the next 20 years we dream of McDowell, Buncombe, Mitchell, Burke and Rutherford Counties as a place where families flourish and reflect Christ as singles, engaged and married.
In order to reach that destination, we first have to accomplish these four big things in the next three years:
- Launch a 3rd worship service through evangelistic effectiveness in McDowell and surrounding counties.
- Increase our leadership capacity through staff realignment and intentional equipping of lay leaders.
- Increase the breadth and depth of discipleship through more groups and a specific family focus
- Upfit our campus for accessibility, safety, family friendliness and year-round sports.
Our focus for the next year is 100 new families and individuals who will open their homes, their hearts and their hands to those in need by leading or hosting Life Groups, fostering or adopting, leading ministry teams, becoming marriage mentors and counselors, or going on their first mission trip to WNC, NC, the US, Ecuador or Senegal.
The four immediate steps to make this happen are:
- 300 Gospel Conversations. Through Life Groups we will equip and hold one another accountable to have a total of 300 gospel conversations with unchurched friends by March 31.
- Every Life Group Equipped. The Family Ministry Team will develop training to equip a member of every Life Group to speak into relationship and addiction issues.
- Launch 20 New Life Groups. We will launch 20 new Youth, Young Adult and Adult Life Groups by March 31.
- Develop a Parking Lot/Lighting Plan. By March 31, the Facilities Team will create and communicate a plan to install lighting, drainage, and pave the front parking lot and entry drives into campus.