For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end–it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay. Behold, his soul is puffed up; it is not upright within him, but the righteous shall live by his faith. (Habakkuk 2:3-4 ESV)
How amazing has it been studying Habakkuk? I have received so much encouragement by studying and preparing my sermons from this book.
Live By Faith, Die By Pride. The righteous shall live by faith.
This is essentially the slogan for all of Scripture. This is what God wanted Habakkuk to write plainly on tablets. In Kids Worship, we discussed this very sentence.
If you haven’t heard Jerry’s sermon from Sunday, please listen here.
Here are the Conversation Starters for you and your kids:
- Can you tell me some slogans that companies use? (Use Nike, McDonalds, etc.)
- Read Habakkuk 2:2
- God told Habakkuk to write on tablets. Why on tablets? (Permanence, durability, etc.)
- Read Habakkuk 2:4
- What was the Main Idea in Kids Worship on Sunday? (The Righteous Shall Live By Faith)
- If you commit a crime, are you guilty of that crime?
- If you commit a sin, are you guilty of that sin?
- What does righteousness mean? (A gift of forgiveness)
- Are you righteous without God? (NO)
- Scripture says we have been given righteousness and we are to live by faith. What is faith? (To trust all of the time)
- Do you trust your parents?
- Do you trust the God who made your parents?
- If you are guilty of sin, but been given righteousness, then who received the punishment for the sin? (Jesus)
As always, adjust what need! Enjoy and God bless!