The sovereignty of God is not something we can question, but questioning God in his sovereignty is exactly what we see Habakkuk doing in the passage from Sunday.
The Chaldeans have moved in on the people of Judah and now Habakkuk is seeing the carnage they are bringing. What an eye opening passage.
If you have not listened to Jerry’s sermon from Sunday, please go listen here.
I’m excited to give out these Conversation Starters for all you parents! The sovereignty of God is a heavy subject, but it is crucial for our kids to understand it.
Here are the questions for this week:
- What is the King of England in charge of? (We discussed that he reigns over all of England)
- What does sovereign mean? (We talked about soveREIGN. To reign over a something)
- If the King of England is sovereign over England, what is God sovereign over? (All creation)
- Read Habakkuk 1:12-13.
- Even though we know God is sovereign over all creation, is there still evil in the world?
- Is God sovereign even though people kill other people? (You could mention 9/11 or the Pakistan bombing from Easter Sunday)
- Have you ever asked your parent “Why?”
- Have your parents ever told you to wait and trust them?
- Are you allowed to ask God “Why?” (Habakkuk asks God why)
- Did you know that God wants us to trust him?
- Read Proverbs 3:5-6
Again, feel free to adjust these accordingly! Enjoy and God bless!