In the Lord’s Prayer (probably more accurately known as the disciples’ prayer), Jesus teaches us how to pray. Ken Hemphill has written seven accountability questions connected to this prayer. Let me encourage you to ask these questions of your spouse or your accountability partner. They take Jesus’ prayer and make it applicable to everyday life.
1. What did you do today (or this week) that hallowed God’s name?
2. What actions, words, or deeds may have brought reproach on God’s name?
3. What kingdom opportunities did you encounter, and how did you respond?
4. How have you responded to God’s will throughout the week?
5. How have you experienced God’s daily provision this week?
6. How is your spiritual debt ledger? (What do you need forgiveness for, and who do you need to forgive?)
7. Have you avoided all issues of temptation and experienced spiritual victory throughout the week?
Be honest and watch God transform your time with him, and as a result, your very life.