Here are a few questions worth considering:
1. Does your child understand the seriousness of sin.
2. Does your child understand that his/her sin requires God’s salvation?
3. Does your child understand that God gave Jesus to die in his/her place on the cross for his/her sins?
4. Is your child sorry for his/her sins (i.e. sense his/her need of a Savior)?
5. Does your child believe/accept Jesus’ death and resurrection as truth?
As you seek to answer these questions, pray for God’s wisdom. The Holy Spirit will draw your child to God through Jesus Christ. Trust the Spirit. He will lead you and your child in a way you both understand.