Ocean breeze, beautiful water, and not a care in the world is where I found myself last week. As Bethany and I were on vacation, I felt like I never wanted to leave. However, as a wise person once said, “All good things must come to an end.”
Do they? Do ALL good things come to an end? Yesterday in Kids Worship we discussed Solomon’s thoughts on life that he wrote in the book of Ecclesiastes.
Solomon wrote how apart from God, everything is meaningless. I didn’t feel this way while I was at the beach. However, when Saturday morning came, I felt it.
The money we earn will one day be gone, generations come and go, and our nature is to never be satisfied with the things of the world are a few things that Solomon discusses in this book.
There is one good thing that will not come to an end: God. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow. Take these questions, and help your kids understand how everything is temporary and meaningless apart from God. With God, we have a purpose.
Here are the Conversation Starters:
- Do you believe that God gave us talents?
- Why did he give us talents?
- So, if we use these talents without him, what good are they?
- Do you have a game system? (Xbox, Nintendo Wii, etc.)
- If you have games with no system, what would the use of the game be? (Worthless)
- Read Ecclesiastes 1:8. (This means we are never satisfied.)
- Will food satisfy us? (No, because in two hours you are hungry again.)
- What is the only thing that will satisfy us? (Jesus)
- Read John 4:13-14. (This means that earthly things will not satisfy. Only Jesus can.)
Adjust where needed! God bless.