Grace Community Church family,
I am so thankful for you. Here’s why:
- I am thankful for your passion for the Gospel. More than 150 of you volunteered many hours to share the Gospel with kids during Kids Camp. Together we trekked into 5 different communities in our county, played with their kids, fed them and taught them about Jesus. We hosted sports and arts camps for 180 kids! In just a couple of weeks, we’ll head to 200 homes Christmas caroling with an invitation for them to join us for Christmas worship.
- I am thankful for your compassionate hearts. You’ve given away 25,000 pounds of food this year. You’ve risen to the occasion to help families in crisis. You’ve given thousands of dollars to help people keep their power on and heat their homes. You’ve provided backpacks for local kids and provided more than 2,000 desserts for McDowell County’s senior citizens.
- I am thankful for your hunger for God’s Word. Each week you show up hungry to hear from God’s Word. This year’s sermons (by all of our preachers at Grace) have been downloaded thousands of times. Your appetite for God’s Word causes us to get “in the kitchen” every week and work hard to prepare fresh recipes from God’s Word.
- I am thankful for your generosity. You’ve given so much time. Volunteers work in the Food Pantry every week, equip young moms every month, park cars every Sunday, build a phenomenal set for Kids Camp, teach preschoolers and children 52 weeks a year, and tutor children at CHAMPS each week. You’ve given so much money…to people in need, to people on mission and to Grace’s First2000 Days building project.
- I am thankful for your empathy. You have rejoiced with those who rejoice and wept with those who weep. Never in the life of Grace have we cried so many tears for so many people. Every diagnosis and death has been met with open arms and praying knees.
I love you. It is an honor to be your pastor.